Restoration and conservation is our speciality
Our team of skilled stonemasons in Sussex and in-house fitters can produce and restore tracery, stone mouldings and other architectural features for properties of all types and aesthetics. We have worked on numerous conservation projects and always create sympathetic stonework that will complement the existing building, preserving period features and enhancing beauty. Our work also serves to make older properties safer, securing loose stone to create a modern home that’s free from hazards.
Our architectural stonework
As skilled stonemasons in Sussex we can work with any materials needed to make restoration work in keeping with your existing building. We regularly work with Yorkstone, Portland stone, Bath stone, Ragstone and Sandstone, creating the perfect finish every time.
We can produce and install a range of architectural stone features for homes and commercial properties, including:
- Tracery and mouldings
- Stairs and steps
- Window sills
- Coping and pier caps
Whatever you need, we will tailor it to your needs, making stone installations from scratch and restoring existing stonework.
We have worked on many high-profile projects, including:
- A large-scale church restoration at Hastings Congregational Church, which involved new tracery windows, re-pointing and new gargoyles
- Carving/restoration work on the Costello Fountain on the Hastings seafront
We have also carried out architectural stonework for many private homes in Kent and Sussex, as well as smaller restoration projects on churches in the surrounding area.
Get in touch
If you are interested in discussing your architectural stone and restoration needs, please just get in touch. We are specialists in stone and will be happy to answer all your questions. Call 01424 774497, email or fill in our contact form.
Choosing JF Stoneworks for your stone restoration or architectural stone needs
People enjoy working with us because we make the process simple and efficient. Our customers choose us for their architectural stonework because:
- We are a local business. People are happy to rely on our knowledge of local stone and building practices, allowing us to restore architectural features that are perfectly in keeping with their surroundings.
- We have more than 20 years’ experience. We set up JF Stoneworks in 2010 and our founder worked in stonemasonry for many years before this. Our skills as stonemasons are second to none.
- Our approach is tailored to you. If you’re not sure exactly what is needed or you want to find out what we can do, we are always happy to provide consultations and discuss your requirements.
- Full quotations. We offer you full, free quotations based on the work you need. We will be happy to visit the property to assess it for ourselves, allowing us to quote accurately from the start.
- Excellent resources. We have the resources to take on projects of all sizes, large or small. Our skilled and experienced team of stonemasons is happy to take on any architectural work you require.
Consult with JF Stoneworks – stonemasons in Sussex
You are very welcome to visit our showroom and discuss your needs – somebody experienced will be here to show you around.
We are located at:
No. 2 Kingswell Estate,
Beech Farm, Netherfield Hill, Battle,
Monday – Friday: 9am – 4.30pm
Saturdays by appointment only